Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Keri Smith

I have seen these books numerous times, especially at shops like Urban Oufitter. I am sure you have noticed "finish this book" or "wreck this journal"?  If not, go look for them.  because I also just found these on the new books section at the library.  Keri Smith is an illustrator, educator, self-motivational writer, who believes "Play" is an essential aspect of living. I found it really interesting that I stumbled to another of her books today, because we have been speaking about play in art and events in art define experience in my philosophy class.  Her work encourages the readers to explore, and to become their own author in the book and in life.  She is really worth checking out if you get a chance, or need inspiration.  This is a gallery from other readers on her website, it is quite cool.  Although her Pic of the day says "I am not a Brand", I think she has created a very specific persona for herself and her work- much like a brand of a company- but hers is much less corporation-like, and more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment